Welcome to Bernard's Personal Pages!
The Web pages here are of the personal kind. Featured are vehicles that I own or owned; most of them are 'different' in one way or the other. They all have a special place in my heart.
You'll also find essays I wrote; some of them you might find boring, others interesting, some politically incorrect. It's a work in progress, started late in life, but it'll grow as I grow older.
You've been warned, now feel free to enjoy!
Cars, Motorcycles, and Related Stuff
- My '63 Volkswagen Beetle.
"Keefer" has been a trusted family member for many years. An unrestored survivor with original California black license plates, he is more than just a car!
- My one-of-a-kind CAN-AM "Gullwing" race car trailer.
Made in 1968 for famous race car driver Denis Hulme of McLaren fame.
Still wearing its original California black license plate, I lovingly restored it to its former glory.
- My Spec Miata SCCA road race car.
When the best is just good enough.
- My rotary-powered '72 Mazda RX-2 Coupe.
A California blue license plate car that I bought for $530 early in 2007, needing some TLC. What was I thinking? Oh, well . . . watch me turning it into a $10K car, slowly, and on a tight budget.
- My '64 BMW R69S motorcycle.
"King of the Road" in its time and one of my all-time favorites.
I bought it on eBay auction early in July of 2007, initially as a replacement for my '71 BMW R75S (which is still with me), and got lucky.
- Not Wanted: New Cars.
My thoughts on why I feel buying a new car is . . . uhhh . . . not so smart.
- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
Being surrounded by drop-dead georgeous cars on a daily basis, Bill and I are members of a small group of excentrics who once in a while like to endulge in reverse snobism when it comes to our personal cars.
Don't judge a book by its cover!
- My '62 Volvo PV544 Sport. (A work in progress) Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Awaken from the dead, this is my very own "scary car." Yes, it's true: old Volvos never die.
Read its story here . . .
- SU Air Cleaner Conversion. Converting your $100 air cleaners to accept $15 elements.
- My '95 BUELL S2 Thunderbolt Signature Series # 307/1399.
It's more than "just" a motorcycle, it's a piece of art!
- BUELL Motorcycles -- A Lesson in Corporatism.
The rise and fall of the BUELL Motorcycle Company. My thoughts on how Harley-Davidson managed to destroy an American icon.
- My '63 Lambretta Li 125 Riverside motorscooter from Montgomery & Wards.
An all original reference vehicle, with 539 original miles on the clock!
- My '20 Ford Model T Speedster.
After 2 years of sympathetic restoration, the rear end jammed between gears and the car hit a tree on Memorial Day of 2013. Since both my wife and I got injured, we decided to part ways. Here's the Speedster's presentation with which I sold it to an enthusiast in Australia.
- My '31 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster.
Purchased below market value, yet boasting a multitude of desirable upgrades, this creamsickle has huge potential and is a real gem.
- Hershey Fall Swap Meet 2014. Photos from the Hershey Swap Meet with emphasis on the Ford Model A.
- My '73 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide.
Back in 1976, when the original engine threw a rod, a mad engineer installed a Honda 750-Four engine in this bike. Check it out!
- My '91 Harley-Davidson Sturgis # 137/1546.
The factory prototype for the Dyna series and arguably one of the coolest Harleys ever.
- Coming Soon:
My '60 Lambretta Li 125 Series 2 motorscooter.
Found neglected in a barn, thoroughly cleaned and mechanically refurbished, yet cosmetically left alone.
- My one-of-a-kind MERLIN.
A titanium fixed-gear bicycle like no other!
- My Bianchi B.o.S.S..
A single speed bicycle to drool over!
- Whuzzup? English! (A work in progress)
My critical but realistic look at today's English as our nation's first language. Funny or sad?
You be the judge.
- My Martin 000-28EC Guitar.
The magnificient acoustic guitar that carries Eric Clapton's signature.
- Meet Grandpa!
If you're into scary movies, nightmares and horror, I dare you to meet Grandpa!
- Farewell, Old Friend!
Remembering Kat, my beloved cat.
- My Heuer 844-1 Professional Diver's Watch
Heuer's attack on the Rolex and Tudor Submariners.
- My Panerai 3646 Type-C Watch
It doesn't just tell time, it tells history!
- My '49 Colt Detective Special
A snubnose legend.
- My Walther P1
A semi-automatic with Nazi roots.